JCB was asked to take part in a podcast recording regarding drug shortages and the gray market. You can listen to the podcast here.
In summary, the podcast covers the following topics:
- Drug shortages and why they are more common now than ever before
- Drugs that are the most problematic to obtain
- Why chemotherapy drugs are hard to find and the resulting consequences of not having them available
- What is the gray market and how has it evolved
- What is “pedigree” in the context of drugs
- Recommendations for handling drug shortages and evaluating alternative sources of drugs
The drug shortage issues may be somewhat relieved in 2013. However, there will still be significant shortages of life-saving and critical medications. Stay in contact with JCB and keep calling us for information on drug shortages you are facing in your facilities.